Saturday, March 26, 2011

Pizza, Movies, Coloring and More


Yesterday (and by now that I have finally gotten my internet to work I really mean last week) was an afternoon full of movies, delicious pizza, coloring, dancing, and running around to visit the animals, pigs, chickens and goats, here at NPH. My partner in crime was eight –year- old Carlitos, one of the most well known pequeños. Carlitos is a little boy, with down syndrome, with a big personality.

Carlitos riding in style!
Yesterday afternoon I had Proyecto Familiar, family project, with Carlitos and his three older brothers. We planned on making a pizza and watching a movie, but when I went to pick up his brothers from their sections they were not there. His older brothers were down working with the pigs for the afternoon, even though I had spoken to them and their tíos about our project. Communication is not the best in this country.

Despite our delay Carlitos and I had a blast visiting the “farm” at NPH, where we have pigs, chickens, and goats. We went and saw all the animals and then trekked back up the hill, with Carlitos catching a ride on my back, to wait for his brothers in the English classroom. While Carlitos and I waited for his brothers we colored together and danced to music on the radio…Carlitos loves to dance.
Adding the sauce!
Big brother helping out!
Once Ernesto, Nelson and Belarmino arrived we began preparing our pizza with pineapple, ham and cheese. They were all so sweet with their little brother and seemed to really enjoy having the time together. While our pizza cooked we watched a movie and colored and when it was done we all enjoyed our delicious creation with lemonade on the side (I shared my crystal light packets!).

Family picture!
It was a fun and exhausting afternoon, but I would say it was a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment