Friday, January 21, 2011

When you go jogging in Guatemala you...

-Can’t breathe very well because of the altitude 
-See more horses then cars
-Jump over more horse poop instead of dog poop
-Pass by acres and acres of farmland
-See small kids ride by on horses with machetes in their pockets
-Are passed by jam packed Camioñetas (chicken buses) full of women and man returning from a full day of work
-Pass by women carrying their groceries on their heads
-Say “Buenas Tardes” (good afternoon) to every passerby
-Look up at the most beautiful skyline of mountains

I think I like jogging here! 

3 comments:

  1. What fun. I love reading your blogs and getting glimpses of a world and place I will likely only see through your eyes! xo Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I would blow my nose after a run it would be all nasty black from the chicken bus emissions!

    I'm a friend of Jennas. I lived in Guateamala last year teaching English and Special Ed. I'm loving your blog, it brings me back. Keep enjoying every moment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete