Sunday, October 23, 2011

Pajama Party

When you think of pajama party what comes to mind?
-movies
-popcorn
-sleeping bags
-staying up late
-laughing/giggling
-pillow fights
-pajamas

If the above are what popped into your head you are correct. Last night I had a full out pajama party with my section of girls (twenty girls between 11-15 years old). The newest Selena Gomez movie had come out so that alone was a reason for a celebration and the girls had been begging me to spend the night with them. The fun started around 6:30 when I went down to the section and had dinner with the girls. After dinner we dragged all of the girls mattresses into the sala (living room) and made one big bed for us all to sleep on. Next we carried each of the girls five blankets into the sala so nobody got cold, oh and we couldn't forget the million stuffed animals and pillows as well. Once everyone was settled (two to a mattress) I handed out popcorn and the movies began.

We started the night off with Monte Carlo, the Selena Gomez movie and finished the night with Step Up 3, where they went wild over all of the dance moves. The movies went until 11pm with a small intermission of a pillow fight and hysterical laughter. Once the lights went out the whispering and giggling went on for another hour or so. Everyone slept soundly and I didn't even hear a sound until 7:30 am, which is really sleeping in for the girls. They usually are up and going by 6:15/6:30...so I could not have been happier. Everyone woke up to whispers and laughing and we all stayed in bed joking around until breakfast time.

It is times like this that make me realize how much I don't want to leave these girls in three months.

No comments:

Post a Comment