Friday, December 23, 2011

We Need a Little Christmas

Being away from home and family/friends during the holidays is hard, but our NPH family is not letting that stop us from celebrating and enjoying the season. Last night we all gathered together at Erika and Sandro's house for an amazing dinner and secret santa swap. Each person received another volunteer as their secret santa and they had to wrap the gift in a way that represented the person--then we each had to figure out which gift was for us. The night was full of drinking, eating, great company, fun gifts, piñatas and fireworks.

As we sat around the table that took up Erika's entire house last night I could not stop thinking about how amazing our NPH family is. Although we are not related these are the people that have shared in my loud laughs and my tears, my accomplishments and my failures and have loved me and embraced me with open arms for the last year--if that is not family I don't know what is. 

It was a perfect way to get in the Christmas spirit and kick off the holiday weekend! 

Enjoying the great company and delicious food..




Piñata fun...


Gifts..guess whose is whose??





No comments:

Post a Comment