Saturday, August 20, 2011

Not a bad way to end the week

Last night I went down to my section to hang out with my girls since I had been sick most of the week and had not seen much of them. I was expecting to meet them in the dinning hall and then hang out in the section for a bit. When I went up to the dinning hall they were not there so I made my way down to the section, but they were not there either. As I was about to head back to my house I heard giggling and screams coming from the around the outside of the girl's house. I walked around back to see what was going on and my girls were having a bonfire and eating dinner together. It was too cute! I joined in and we roasted marshmallows, told stories and sang along to the radio. As it started to get cold some of the girls went into the section. Next thing I know they are all up in the section yelling "disco". What do they mean by disco?? Turning the section into a disco involves one girl being in charge of the lights where she flickers them on and off and one girl in charge of the music. The rest are singing and dancing wildly around the section. It could not have been more fun. As we all got tired out the girls dragged their mattresses and blankets into the sala (living room) and we all hunkered down to watch a scary movie. The next hour involved shrieks, screams and girls hiding behind me and under my arms. An hour or so later while I was walking back to my house I could not stop smiling thinking about the evening I had just spent with the girls. Not a bad way to end the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment