Thursday, September 22, 2011

And then there was one...

Five...four...three...two...

Today was my last day of teaching my básico (middle school) classes and my Etapa class, which is a mix of kids from first through fourth grade who have never had school before. One more class tomorrow and then I am officially done. I can't believe it...this time of year seemed like it would never come and yet it came so quickly. I have had such a blast teaching the middle school classes, which is something I never really thought I would enjoy. When I first started I did not know how to talk to them, teach them, discipline them...I was lost. Over the past eight months we have learned together. I have learned a lot about myself and about teaching and I THINK/HOPE they have all learned some English. I have learned that middle schoolers are self sufficient (for the most part) and you can talk to them like adults, yet at the same time you can't give them too much space because boy will they run with it. I was so used to pre-school that this was a huge change for me and took a long time to adjust to.

I have really loved working with these kids over the past months and I am sad to see the year end. But don't worry we will still be spending a lot more time together during summer classes, which will start when I get back from California. Here are a few pictures celebrating the last day!

Primero Básico (7th grade)
Tercero Básico (9th grade)
Etapa (1st-4th grade mixed)

No comments:

Post a Comment