Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Christmas in September!

I love Christmas and always have, but I really set a new record when I made Christmas cookies this past weekend. There is nothing like rolling out cookie dough to make a tree, stars, santa and snowmen cookies in 70 degree weather in SEPTEMBER. Don't think I am crazy...this all had a purpose.

All the baking materials ready to go!
My tercero básico class (9th grade) has been studying traditional holidays in the United States. We already studied Thanksgiving and next week we will be talking about the famous ball dropping in NYC and New Years traditions.

I let my class in on all the US Christmas traditions (or more like the Lawson Christmas traditions). We read T'was the Night Before Christmas, sang Jingle Bells and Silent Night and topped it all off with Christmas cookies. Don't worry we also talked about the religious significance of Christmas, NPH being a Catholic organization and all.


Santa Claus cookie cutter!

The finished product!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL A FEW MONTHS EARLY!
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment