Tuesday, January 24, 2012

#5.

#5. My Girls - Fatima

I am going to miss my section of girls that have been the highlight of my year here at NPH. I knew coming into the year that I was going to become close to some of the kids here, but I had no idea that I would fall in love with 18 girls. We have been through everything this year from laughing until we think we are going to pee our pants, dancing to Britney Spears and Justin Bieber, braiding each others hair, sharing stories and photos, having pajama parties, watching scary movies cuddled together on one mattress, drying each others tears, sitting around the radio listening to high school musical songs, hours of looking through teen magazines and cutting out photos to put on the walls of their room and laying side by side talking until the lights went out. I can't even begin to express how much I am going to miss the girls in my section. They all have their moments like any other 12-15 year old girl, but they are the cutest, sweetest, funniest, most loving group of girls. They made my experience in Guatemala and at NPH better then I could have ever imagined. I am going to miss going up to the comedor and being greeted by their screams, how they can't say my name, walking hand in hand to the section at night talking about the funniest things, their visits in the English office to chat and look at magazines and seeing their smiling faces every day. 

Graduation with Lourdes, Juana, Celeste and Esme!
Just a bunch of crazy girls!
So excited to be reunited after the Christmas break!

No comments:

Post a Comment